Tharanga Media Launched
With a simple ceremony, we formally launched Tharanga Media on January 14th, 2012 at our new operating office on Rd No. 10 Banjara Hills. The event was attended by about 70 friends and family members of Tharanga team and listeners of Mohana Muralee GaanaLahari. The subtext: listeners to us are also friends and family.
Tharanga Media is a multi-medium based social network, where patrons are educated and entertained through audio, text and video content. Tharanga is available in all major Indian languages. Hindi, Telugu, Tamil for now – more to follow later.
About Tharanga logo: The twisted infinity logo signifies an endless loop of waves, which is symbolic of Tharanga. Just as the waves are restless and unstable, so does the font selected for Tharanga look. The caption, ‘It’s your wavelength’ is loaded with message.
- Tharanga live shows and other schedules are in the works.
- We are also sorting through a lot of administrative issues and resolving start-up delays one-by-one.
- Tharanga-Telugu schedule will be finalized today.
- Hopefully we will have the first live show on Jan 16 itself, but all live shows will start airing reliably after Jan 23.
- Tharanga iPhone app has already been submitted a couple of weeks ago, we are expecting approval from Apple this week.
- Tharanga Android app will likely be available this week.