Air Video Can Stream Videos to Your iPhone and iPod Touch
- Automated server discovery on local network using Apple Bonjour
- Possibility to add custom servers by specifying IP address and port directly Can be used to stream videos over internet (see the appropriate section in FAQ)
- Share disk folders and iTunes playlists
- Optional password protection
- Add videos to iTunes playlist from iPhone
- Videos that can not by directly played by iPhone can be easily converted. All major containers and codecs supported (mp4, m4v, mov, avi, wmv, asf, mpg, mpeg, mkv, 3gp, dmf, divx, flv). DRM protected videos as well as proprietary codecs are NOT supported.
- Live conversion allows you to play videos without having to convert them upfront.
- Requires iPhone or iPod touch with firmware 3.0 or newer and sufficiently powerful computer.
- Option to convert entire video before playing it (offline conversion)
- Files converted offline can be put to conversion queue
- Adjust quality, zoom and resolution for each video individually
- Select audio stream (language)
Setting Up Air Video
You need to download and install Air Video Server.
Once the server is running, add folders that you want to share. If you have videos in your iTunes playlists, you can also share those playlists.
If you have been running Air Video Server before the window will not open. You can access it using Air Video Server icon in menubar (on Windows the icon is in system tray).
Using Air Video
In Air Video on your iPhone / iPod touch add your computer to server list.
After the server is added you can browse its folders.