“Take a bow master!”, “You little champion!”
How does Sachin Tendulkar do it?
How does Sachin Tendulkar do it? How does a 36-year-old cricketer stay at the top of the game for 20 years? How does he retain this incredible hunger for achievement after scoring more than 30,000 runs in the long (Test) and shorter (50 over) versions of the game?
Cricket fans are asking these questions again after Tendulkar created history by firing the first double century in one-day internationals.
It was an unbelievable innings of brutal finesse – he smacked 25 fours and three sixes and batted just 147 balls to score 200. He simply toyed with South Africa’s formidable bowlers.
* Most runs and most centuries in ODIs
* Highest number of Test centuries
* First cricketer to make 10,000 runs in ODIs
* Most runs in World Cup history
* Highest ODI individual score by an Indian (200 not out)
* Most Man of the Man awards in ODIs
* Wisden Cricketer of the Year 1997
* Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award for 1997-98
I think India should have a 200 rupees note now with Sachin embossed on it